NACD Home Speech Therapist’s “Speech Therapy for Apraxia—Ending Sounds”
The Speech Therapy for Apraxia—Ending Sounds app is a great tool for:
- Children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia
- Adults with apraxia
- Use by anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
- Can also be used for traditional articulation practice for production of final consonants
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, the Endings app provides choices of different phoneme groups to target in vowel + consonant (VC) syllables. It is organized just like our original app, Speech Therapy for Apraxia, except now the target sounds are in the final position!
- Choose from 6 different consonant groups (for a total of 19 consonant sounds) to target.
- For each group, choose the level at which to practice.
- Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate consonant group and practice level.
- Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
- Illustration and audio provided for each syllable.
- Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
- Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular phonemes.
Available for iPad tablets here: