NACD Home Speech Therapist’s “Speech Therapy for Apraxia”
The National Association for Child Development (NACD) is proud to announce the re-release of our acclaimed “Speech Therapy for Apraxia” app.
“Speech Therapy for Apraxia” is a successful tool that has been used by parents, individuals, and speech therapists to develop or improve speakers’ articulation and motor planning. Targeted speech therapy can now be utilized on a regular and even daily basis right within your home. Frequent application fulfills one of the basic requirements needed to trigger neuroplasticity and produce real change.
“Speech Therapy for Apraxia” is designed for children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia and adults with apraxia. This app provides choices of different phonemes to target and moves through a progression of eight levels that challenge and develop motor planning for speech.
Daily targeted intervention is the key to advancement, and as so many have already discovered, this app is the tool designed to do just that. It is easy enough for an individual or parent to use and progress through on their own and customizable as needed for speech therapists.
In keeping with the mission of NACD, we are providing this app at an extremely affordable price. We wish to make this great tool available for everyone.
The Speech Therapy for Apraxia app is a convenient, effective tool for:
- Children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia
- Adults with apraxia
- Use by anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
- Can also be used for traditional articulation practice
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, this app provides choices of different phonemes to target and moves through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech. Working at the syllable level, it begins at the production of single syllables and progresses through increasingly difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random syllables.
- Choose from 8 different consonant groups (for a total of 19 consonant sounds) to target.
- For each group, choose the level at which to practice.
- Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate consonant group and practice level.
- Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
- Illustration and audio provided for each syllable.
- Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
- Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular phonemes.
Available for iPad tablets here: