NACD Home Speech Therapist’s “Speech Therapy for Apraxia”
The Speech Therapy for Apraxia app is a convenient, effective tool for:
- Children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia
- Adults with apraxia
- Use by anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
- Can also be used for traditional articulation practice
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, this app provides choices of different phonemes to target and moves through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech. Working at the syllable level, it begins at the production of single syllables and progresses through increasingly difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random syllables.
- Choose from 8 different consonant groups (for a total of 19 consonant sounds) to target.
- For each group, choose the level at which to practice.
- Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate consonant group and practice level.
- Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
- Illustration and audio provided for each syllable.
- Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
- Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular phonemes.
Available for iPad, Kindle, Nook or Android tablets here: