Speech Therapy for Apraxia – 2-Syllable Words
Speech Therapy for Apraxia – 2-Syllable Words is a great tool for:
- Children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech/dyspraxia
- Adults with apraxia
- Use by anyone working with individuals with apraxia, either therapists or parents
- Can also be used for traditional articulation practice
Developed by the National Association for Child Development team, including a certified speech-language pathologist, this app practices articulation of 2-syllable words. Words are organized according to place of articulation of the first and second consonant sounds, and users move through a progression of levels that challenge motor planning for speech. As with the “Words” app, it begins with the production of single words with easier patterns of articulation and progresses through increasingly more difficult production sequences all the way to the production of sequences of random words.
- Choose from 9 different word groups to target.
- Words are categorized according to place of articulation of the phonemes and pattern of articulation within the word.
- For each group, choose the level at which to practice.
- Detailed instructions explain how to choose an appropriate word group and practice level.
- Moves through a logical progression of 8 different levels for motor planning for speech.
- Illustration and audio provided for each word.
- Option to repeat levels, reset, or move to next level.
- Can also be used for straight articulation drill for particular types of phonemes.
Available for iPad here: