The Fourth Annual NACD Family Rendezvous is Almost Here!
Our Fourth Annual NACD Family Rendezvous for 2011 will be held in beautiful Ogden Valley. Our annual Rendezvous provides an opportunity for our families and staff to get together, share stories and information, and to socialize with others who share similar experiences and the same hopes and dreams for their children. Our previous rendezvous were a great success, giving us a great time of growth, connection with other families, and invigoration. We are looking forward to another inspiring weekend this year!
Highlights of Our 2009 Rendezvous
- Presentation by a representative from Sky Medical on the TAOS walker (Therapeutic Ambulatory Orthotic System).
- Meet Bobby Lyons. Hear this long-time NACD veteran and his mother talk about his journey with Down Syndrome. (Did we mention Bobby will be starting college in the fall?)
- Dr. Neil, our nutrition director, will present on health and nutrition.
- Sashka Neil will be discussing the benefits of yoga for kids. She has specialized training in using yoga for children with special needs.
- Hear Bob's latest thoughts on processing, intensity, and more!
- Bob will also lead discussion groups regarding the newest perspectives in Down Syndrome, as well as Autism and sensory issues.
- Hiking, boating, tubing, swimming
- Sunday night is the family barbeque at the beach. This is always the favorite of the Rendezvous! There will be food, music, boating, tubing, and swimming.
Evaluations, Speech and Language Consultations will be available during the Rendezvous. If you’re interested in scheduling an evaluation or Speech and Language consultation during the Rendezvous, contact Denise at the National Office and she’ll take care of you.
If you are flying to Utah, you will want to fly into the Salt Lake International Airport. Ogden Valley is approximately 1 hour from the airport.
Discussion groups will be held each morning.
There will be activities scheduled throughout the rendezvous for families to participate in.
This site will be updated soon, so please check back for new information as it develops.
Click here to visit the NACD Main Website