Bringing the best treatment and educational services into homes around the world.
The NACD model of designing comprehensive individualized programs that are implemented by family and caregivers makes it possible for any family anywhere to take advantage of the latest and most advanced techniques currently available.
The NACD model involves quarterly assessments, program development, and ongoing communication that can all be accomplished via Skype, video and email, making our best services very affordable.
For over 30 years NACD has designed targeted individualized programs to address educational and developmental issues and needs through a model that trains parents and caregivers to provide hands-on interventions on a daily basis. Families no longer need to be dependent on whatever limited, and often antiquated, services that may be available locally or travel at tremendous expense to explore treatment options.
NACD is aware that families worldwide who have children with developmental issues are often extremely frustrated in their attempts to find services for their children that really work; services that provide their children with an opportunity to grow and advance.
NACD recognizes that educational and therapeutic services in many countries are seriously lacking or even nonexistent.
NACD believes in the unlimited potential of every child and the power of daily intervention provided by those who know the child best and who really care—the family.
How to Get Started
Families from outside the United States who would like to take advantage of NACD's services can do so entirely through quarterly Skype sessions or have the option of being seen in any of the NACD Chapters in the U.S., India, or at our annual visits to our London, UK Chapter. (Skype is a free, internet-based service that permits live voice and video communication.)
To begin the process of becoming one of our International families, you need to follow these steps:
- Listen to the "Guide to Child Development," which you can purchase in a downloadable version. This six-hour audio program will begin your education in child development and education and also help you learn how we view your child's potential as well as understand NACD's philosophy and approach. Click here to order this item from our bookstore.
- Download, complete, and submit a history/application. You may complete the items by printing the Adult Application or the Child Application from our web site by clicking here.
- Return the completed application to the National Office in Ogden, Utah. Email them to us at email@example.com or contact us at (USA Number) 801-621-8606 for assistance.
- You will be contacted for an interview with one of our staff to make sure you understand our approach and are in a position to implement an individualized program. We will also determine at this time if you need to provide any videos or further documentation prior to scheduling your initial assessment/conference.
- With a $500 deposit (required), you will be scheduled for either an in-person, Skype, or telephone assessment/conference.
- Families are required to have an active email account while NACD program members so that we can stay in contact with you.
- During your assessment/conference, your child's history and records will be reviewed, along with videos or other requested information. Through Skype video we will gather information from you and make observations and conduct tests with your child. Through this process we will develop a developmental profile/picture of your child, determine their needs, and then with your assistance determine goals, priorities, and a program implementation game plan.
- Based on the results of the assessment/conference we will create a targeted individualized program built around the time you have and assistance you can get to implement the program. NACD will also help supervise, advise, and coordinate any other services you may wish to incorporate. The program will be comprehensive, covering needed areas of gross and fine motor function, vision, hearing, speech, language, cognition, behavior, education, nutrition, etc. Your evaluator's job is not just to determine issues and needs, but to draw upon our list of over 3,000 different activities and determine where everyone's time and efforts are best utilized. To be successful is not about doing more, it's about doing the right thing at the right time.
- You will receive an email outlining your very specific program, including recommended frequencies and durations of activities, along with video and/ or written directions. We will also assign you a Coach to guide you through the entire process and serve as your primary link to the entire NACD staff.
- You will receive daily emails from your Coach, letting you know when they will be available that day for calls or Skype contact. Your Coach or evaluator will be available at any time via email. We encourage very regular communication.
- After a couple of weeks of program implementation, you will video your child going through their entire program. We will review the video and make appropriate modifications.
- Based on our ongoing communications, your program will be modified as needed between quarterly evaluations.
- Every three months we will conduct an in-person, Skype, or video/telephone assessment/conference, complete a new developmental profile, and with your guidance establish new goals and priorities and create a new program.
Together we can redefine your child's potential and future.
Overview of Our Clients
NACD specializes in treating the following conditions, please click to learn more:
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Autism Spectrum
- Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Genetic Disorders
- Highly Capable Children
- Learning Disabilities
- The Typical Child: Improving a child's function